Through God's mercy, the governor's quarantine order has been partially lifted and the Church now has the opportunity to gradually return to public services. Having been deprived of the opportunity to pray together, we can now renew and strengthen our private prayer and contemplate the value of the Divine Services.
Notwithstanding the ability to return to the temple, we cannot forget that the threat to the lives and health of people still exists. Accordingly, we must observe the following rules:
1. Maximal occupancy of the Cathedral is now set at 50-55 people and to be able to attend services, we ask that you sign up in advance on our website. Those who are unable to do this can call Fr. Leonty individuallyat: 847-971-2469.
2. Please do not sign up if you have any symptoms such as fevers, malaise, sore throat or cough. If you sign up and then develop these symptoms, please remove yourself from the list so others might attend in your place.
3. Please note the schedule of services and try to arrive 15 minutes early.
4. You must wear a mask at all times in the church, when you enter use hand sanitizer and have temperature checked.
5. Follow the instructions of the Starosta where to stand and how to approach for Holy Communion
6. Please prepare your commemoration lists beforehand so as not to congregate at the candle stand.
7. We ask that you put up candles only at the beginning and try to maintain the 2m suggested social distance from others at all times.
8. Please stand on the individual markings on the floor. Families should stand together on one space.
9. Please watch your children. If they cannot stand, kindly go outside. They should not under any circumstances be running around the Church.
10. You should approach the Chalice maintaining 2m distance from each other. You can lower your mask to receive the Holy Gifts and then replace it after taking antidor and zapivka which will be in individual plastic cups.
11. You should go to confession on the eve or prior to the Liturgy. There will be no confession during the service.
12. After the service we ask volunteers to help clean and sanitize.
13. We ask you to not sign up for every Sunday service in order to allow others the opportunity.
The clergy express our joy and thanks to God for the relaxing of quarantine measures as well as for your understanding and cooperation in following the above listed measures. We ask for your cooperation in guarding the health of others.
We thank you for your prayers, for your generous Paschal donations and for your continued online support. We hope to soon begin work on the parking lot extension. The majority of funds are collected and now we rely on your continued prayers.
The Lord bless you and keep you!
Clergy and Parish Council